Summer Action Top Tips
We asked all four of our Enactus UK Programme Improvement Managers for their top tips for Summer Action as a whole and for going forward within the new Enactus year! Here's what they had to say:
Olivia Davidson - Programme Improvement Manager - Scotland, Northern Ireland, North West/East
1. Follow through on the contacts and networking you have been doing over the summer! Don’t lose those connections and utilise them to keep growing your network. It is important to use the connections in any way you can whether for projects or just general Enactus help.
2. Use the deliverables you submitted during Summer Action to make sure you are on track for what you want to achieve as a team this year!
3. If you need help with anything, make sure you keep asking your Programme Managers, its their jobs and what they are here for! They are on hand to help you with anything!
Thomas De Pentheny O'Kelly - Programme Improvement Manager - The Midlands
1. Whether you're a new team or not, the summer action programme is a step by step guide that will help to improve your organisation skills, help you to articulate your projects, gain insights to what funding you may need and super importantly creating a realistic strategy for recruitment at the start of the new academic year.
2. You should always be thinking about the longevity of your projects and what it takes for them to be sustainable. The summer is a great time to focus on your projects as you don't have your primary academic work to do. Be remembered as the team that created and continued the legacy of social empowerment through your contribution to your projects at your university. You can do it! We are here to support you along the way!
Indy Sira - Schools Programme Manager
1. When completing the application, approach it step-by-step and break down what needs to be completed for all four sections – Projects, Team Development, Finances and Support Network. It won’t seem so overwhelming then and it serves as a great opportunity to reflect on the progress the team has made during the summer and what is yet to be completed!
2. Involve all the team to contribute towards completing the application. It will serve as a great initiative to bring all the team together and to work towards a collective goal! As they say, ‘Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success’.
Callum Usher- Dodd - Senior Programme Improvement Manager - South West & Wales
1. You probably will not have been able to complete everything on the Summer Action Checklists, but that is ok, you still have time to prepare. Hold a Summer Action review with your team, understand what you were/were not able to achieve and create a key priority task list so you and the wider team can make sure important actions are carried out before the madness of Freshers’ begins!
2. After the summer it is useful to provide all your support network (University Advisers/Business Advisers/Alumni Mentors) with an update of the work you have been conducting over the last few months so they are aware of what stage your preparations are at. This also gives you the opportunity to inform them all of the next steps and how they can support you to achieve them.
3. Make sure you celebrate! Be proud that your team have managed to get Enactus work done over the summer (no matter how much or little) as between all the holidays, internships, physical distance and time barriers you took positive action. All completed Summer Action work has put your team in a strong position, so make sure you bring your team together before the new terms kicks off and have a get together to recognise this achievement!