Careers With Enactus UK
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
-Enactus UK Programme Coordinator
-Enactus UK Programme Director / Senior Programme Coordinator
Salary: Negotiable dependant on experience
Location: Midlands office based (average two days per week) with regular UK travel
Term: Permanent – rolling one-year contract
Hours: Full-time (5 days-a-week) with occasional weekend working
Pension: Stakeholder pension
In the last five years the Enactus UK Social Enterprise has doubled in size, impact and ambition. In addition, the governing body and charity has now successfully launched its schools programme NEXTGENLEADERS and is poised for rapid growth after successfully gaining funding from major grant sources such as the Big Lottery Fund. We are now hiring exceptional talent into both programmes to continue to develop as an organisation and grow our impact and scope across the UK.
Are you a purpose-driven performance manager, coordinator, trainer and coach, with an eye for detail, who wants to work in a fast-paced and fun workplace? Join Enactus UK as a Programme Director or Senior Programme Coordinator and provide vital leadership and support to our approach of constantly innovating and building our impact to upskill and motivate the potential of our young future responsible leaders.
About Enactus UK and NEXTGENLEADERS
Enactus is the UK’s leading youth social action and youth enterprise education social enterprise/charity supporting over 3,000 young entrepreneurial leaders in education every year.
Our mission in the UK is to be recognised as a leader in developing a national network of socially-minded young leaders of the future who transform communities and society through real life social action and environmentally responsible enterprise. We support young entrepreneurs at each stage of their education and we believe it is important to start teaching enterprise education early from school and continue to support students through university and even after they have left as Alumni.
We have an established UK university programme which has been running since 2001 and now operates in 62 universities across the UK, engaging up to 3,000 students each year. Our Schools programme has now launched in Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire and will soon grow across the UK.
About the role
We are looking for individuals with the following capabilities/experience:
• Design and delivery of training/coaching events. We are looking to be a leader in the delivery of Project Development and Enterprise and Entrepreneurship (such as Design Thinking) to young people in age-relevant ways. Although not an expert in all topics, you will be comfortable in scoping, designing and delivering such training events. Note - Event Management is a different role within the organisation.
• Social and environmental project impact development and support. We support people that are developing ideas to solve big social and environmental problems. You will help us direct financial and practical support to hundreds projects across the UK addressing the full range of UN Sustainable Development Goals.
• Project impact measurement and improvement. We want to develop the impact of the overall collection of projects, as well as the impact on the students themselves, year on year. You will help us analyse, plan and execute improvement programme and interventions that help direct and support the students in their projects.
• Competition delivery and impact investment. We run over 15 competitions aimed at promoting the delivery of a wide range of impact outcomes (from social mobility to tackling mental health). You will help us promote engagement and support the success of teams in the programme to take full advantage of the grant funding and support available.
• Support network management. We manage over 500 business advisors from sponsor companies as well as university and alumni. advisers to the team. Your role will be to manage the network and maximise their support on the ground to teams of students and their projects.
You may come from the following employment backgrounds (as a guide and not fully inclusive and will not limit the consideration of candidates):
• Higher education such as Enterprise, Entrepreneurship, Volunteer management and alumni/community engagement
• Social Enterprise such as impact measurement, investment and improvement
• Learning and development roles such as performance coaching and leadership development.
• Enactus UK students graduating in 2019 will also be considered.
With experience in a fast-moving environment, you’ll have a keen eye for detail, excellent time management skills, leadership and people management and be able to work on your own initiative and track multiple projects simultaneously. You’ll be an excellent communicator able to build rapport and good working relationships with a range of people and feel comfortable working with a diverse, high performing team including the ability to report progress as well as challenges and request help.
Experience of diary management, arranging meetings and the communication of agreed actions is essential as are good IT skills, including MS Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and the internet. Regular travel across the UK is required including joining in with the monthly team meetings and training/events hosted in London and across the UK. All travel expenses will be covered. You will be primarily office based in the East Midlands area.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
These may include:
• Programme growth (new educational teams, greater student numbers, greater numbers of beneficiaries impacted)
• Student wellbeing and safeguarding while involved in Enactus activities
• Quality of project impact
• Quality of project innovation and engagement with mentors and advisors leading to better projects and impact
• Delivery of measurable and impactful training and coaching interventions
Closing date: Interviews are ongoing. Appointments will commence from the 3rd June 2019.
How to apply
Email our CEO for an initial conversation and include a copy of your CV with a summary of 200 words on why you feel this is a good fit for you.
Enactus UK CEO Andrew Bacon firstname.lastname@example.org